The Veinlite PEDI2 is a clinically proven pediatric vein finder that simplifies and improves venous access in children of all ages (0-17 years). PEDI2 uses side-transillumination to make the veins more visible and accessible. It enables health care providers to quickly and accurately locate suitable veins for IV access in pediatric patients. By doing so, it helps reduce time, frustration, and discomfort associated with common traditional techniques used to locate small or faint veins.
Health care professionals can use Veinlite PEDI2 to achieve 100% vein access success in children and eliminate multiple failed IV attempts. In clinical trials, first attempt success rate was significantly higher when using Veinlite compared with the Standard of Care (93% vs 72%). Compare to near-infrared light (NIR) devices which only provided a 45% success rate.
PEDI2 meets INS & CDC Guidelines for Infection Control through the use of disposable plastic covers to prevent patient-to-provider and patient-to-patient contamination.
- Fewer IV access failures
- Faster, more accurate results
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Suitable for pediatric patients of all ages and skin tones
- Clinically proven to improve vein access success rates
- Number of LEDs: 14 (10 Orange + 4 Red)
- Number of Switches: 1
- Inside Ring Diameter: 18mm
- Battery Charger: No
- Batteries: 2xAA Alkaline
- Battery Life: 240 minutes continuous
- Weight: 29 gm (with battery)
- Dimensions: 40.8mm x 86.6mm x 21mm
- Simple, single button operation
- Auto cut-off switch